All You Need To Know About Electric Bicycles
At first glance, electric bicycles look just like classic bicycles, but they differ in that they have an electric motor for maximum performance. They represent a combination of classic bicycle models with modern electric drives.
The Idea Behind Electric Bicycles
The idea of using these bikes has remained the same since the 1860s when they were created. The electric drive serves as an aid to pedaling, which makes it especially easy to drive uphill. If you don’t want to, you don’t even have to use the pedals while driving.
This is exactly the main idea of electric bicycles: to make the ride as easy as possible. That is why this type of transport is ideal for those who, for some reason, cannot or simply do not like to turn the pedals in order to reach the destination rested and fresh.
If you want to cover longer distances without excessive physical effort, electric bicycles are the right thing for you. For example, riding these bikes as a commuting vehicle is one of the main purposes. Also, you will avoid the hard “crunching” in public transport or waiting in traffic.
You can ride an electric bike in one of three styles: you can ride it only by turning the pedals (as on a classic bike, but if you prefer it then you are in the wrong place; choose a classic bike), you can pedal with occasional assistance of electric drive ( most common use), and some bikes also have the option of riding only with the drive, without the use of pedals.
In Order to Use Electric Bicycle You Need to Charge the Batteries Regularly
To use an electric bicycle, you need to charge the batteries regularly, even when you didn’t ride it for a longer period, because the battery must be maintained so that it does not break down. The good thing is that the battery can be detached from the frame, so you don’t have to constantly bring the whole bike into the house to charge it.
The chargers are adapted to the market and correspond to classic sockets. The usual time for which the battery is charged is between an hour and three hours depending on the type of bike, but it can vary depending on the model and manufacturer. Also, a large number of models have the ability to charge while driving, ie. while turning the pedal.
The top speed that electric bicycles can reach also depends on the type of bicycle. Namely, the speed of some bikes has a limit of 15 mph, and some others have a maximum speed of 30 mph. When the maximum speed is reached, the engine switches off automatically. Motor power ranges from 250W and up, depending on the model and purpose of the bike.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Electric Bicycles
There are many benefits that an electric bike ride will provide. Some of them are:
- As the electric bicycle is similar to a classic one, you do not need a driver’s license to use it; Also, this vehicle does not require insurance
- You can ride an e bike on bike paths
- Safety is an advantage of electric bicycles in terms of the maximum speed they can reach
- You can easily get out of a traffic jam and take a shortcut
- Parking is free and you can practically park anywhere; Electric bikes have lock options fingerprint identification for maximum protection against thieves
- Electric bicycles are portable, so you will not have problems in public transport or train: Some models are also foldable
- Riding an e-bike in addition to enjoying the fresh air will be responsible for good fitness, but if you get too tired or can not overcome the uphill, you can always rely on electric propulsion
- They are environmentally friendly
- Electric bikes are cheap way of transport
Some of the possible disadvantages of electric bikes can be:
- Price higher than the price of the classic model
- you are exposed to weather conditions and possible injuries, so be sure to wear a helmet
- Some may find it harder to learn the controls on this bike, because there are significantly more options than a classic bike.
But, as you can see disadvantages are certainly not enough to outweigh the many advantages that electric bicycles have. Prices will certainly be lower over time, and electric bicycles will become part of the daily lives of an increasing number of people.