Best Electric Scooter for Commuting in a City
How to choose best electric scooter for commuting in the city.
Smooth tires and tubeless – Mantis 8 tires.
- Smooth tires are the best for riding on pavements and city roads. There’s no need for all terrain tires. Actually all terrain tires consume more electricity and don’t have as good grip on smooth surfaces. That’s why scooters meant for cities have smooth tires.
- Big tires have the benefit of extra traction because they cover a bigger area but if you have no need for the traction then smaller tires are better because they have less friction.
- Tubeless tires also get fewer punctures.
Folding electric scooter – Save space in public spaces, transport, home, office.
- Much more convenient in cities.
- If you want to take your escooter inside it takes less of precious space.
- Carrying a non-folding escooter is very awkward and difficult – especially in the staircase.
- Easier to fit in an elevator.
- If you use your electric scooter in combination with public transport like the metro it is easier to fit in there too.
Light weight – More important in city commute than high speed and performance
Mantis 8 is good because it’s still quite light at 53 lbs. Mantis 10 (66lbs) is great with it’s awesome performance but unless you are a heavy adult, want the extra performance, or need the additional range typically Mantis 8 is enough and lighter to carry than 10.
Battery – Enough range for the commute
- Scooter-Sharing escooters are notorious of how hard it’s to find one that has enough range/battery left for your commute but having your own you don’t have this problem.
- Mantis 8 with its range of 24.8 miles it should be enough for most commutes and if not then the charger is compact enough to bring with you at work where you can charge it during your workday.
- You don’t want some cheap low quality escooter for commuting. You can’t trust the cheap ones and they might get you late. Commuter scooter should be reliable that you won’t be late from work.
- Good quality also means smoother and better ride.
- Good brakes.
A great e-scooter like Mantis 8 helps you to start your day happy. E-scooter commuters can actually enjoy their mornings by riding through the city on a fun e-scooter instead of cramming into a full metro.
Maybe there are some lighter Commuter escooters than Mantis 8 but none of them have the same fun factor as Mantis 8 has with its higher performance and acceleration. And you will be enjoying that acceleration if you need to stop in the traffic lights. The lightest commuter escooters always sacrifice the range and performance for the very light weight but that’s not what Mantis 8 is aiming for.
Mantis 8 is a great commuter escooter to use in the city but it will surely make you smile on joyrides during your days off too.