Ecotric company is known for affordable and reliable electric bikes for different purposes. You won’t get Lambo, but their eBikes are mainly below $1000. Also, design and aesthetics of their bikes are going after modern trends and functionality. Others aim for power and speed and Ecotric is one of those breeds that went for best price/performance ratio!
I like the fact that Ecotric is able to keep the price low and still provide quality electric bikes. As already said, these are not high end products, but they use quality components like Shimano derailleurs, LCD displays, mechanical disc brakes, aluminium alloy frames etc.
Their Lark city electric bike for women is an awesome e-bike looking for vintage style electric bikes with large wheels, stylish design, comfort and practical grocery baskets attached above front wheel. The retail price of $699 available on Amazon is super low comparing to similar models of high end brands. Check price here.
Main Specs of Ecotric Lark Electric Bike
|Size||73.5″ x 26.7″ x 46″|
|Motor||500W brushless hub motor|
|Battery||36 V 10 Ah Lithium battery|
|Battery Life||~ 600 Cycles|
|Charging Time||6~8 hours|
|Maximum Speed||20 mph|
|Maximum Range||Up to 25-45 miles (Electric Only – Assist with pedal)|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||Up to 220 lbs|
|Display||Ecotric Smart LCD Display|
|Tires||20″ x 1.95″ City Cruise Tires|
|Brake||Front/Rear disc brake 160mm Rotor|
|Front Basket||Vintage Front Basket for Groceries|
The Lark is pretty big bike, there’s no doubt about it, but don’t worry. When you roll the lark out of the box, it’s literally 90% pre-assembled. You just need to tight a few screws and parts on the frame and you’re ready to ride. Its total length is 73.5″ and in height it has 46″. But, it still fits in an elevator. The good thing is that since it has aluminium alloy frame (as all Ecotric eBikes) it weighs around 54 lbs, so there will be no problem for women riders to take it up the stairs.
I really like the huge front basket ideal for groceries. The rear rack affects to more vintage look. Fenders are optional but I recommend them for practical reasons as well as for better look.
Tires and Brakes
The riding of Lark is very comfortable because you are in an upright riding position. A big comfort seat with suspension makes the ride even more pleasant. Large cruising tires of 26″ x 1.95″ make the riding look so easy. The whole bike seems so relaxed as it cruises around the city finishing daily errands.
The Lark has mechanical disk brakes on both wheels and they will finish the job. However, you might feel small jerks while braking. Nothing to worry about, after all mechanical brakes are not so sleek as hydraulic ones.
Motor, Battery, Speed and Range
The bike has a top speed of 20 mph. There are numerous models able to run faster, but for city cruising this is more than enough. You aren’t racing, you are enjoying the ride on such bikes.
As a power source it uses 36 V 10 Ah Lithium Ion battery placed bellow the seat in a locked compartment. When you need to charge it just unlock the compartment and take it out. With fully charged battery you will be able to run as far as 25 miles (electric only mode), but if you use pedal assist mode than you can double the distance. Also, there is pedal only mode available if battery runs out and then it acts as any other classic bike.
Ecotric pays attention to the quality of gear shift system and they usually use Shimano 7 speed derailleurs on their electric bikes. This is the case with the Lark too. 7 Speed gear comes very handy when you need to use pedal only mode. Shimano is proven as a high quality producer of derailleurs.
Pros and Cons
Here are the key pros to consider the Lark, along with a potential drawback:
- Vintage Charm: The Lark captures the essence of vintage style with its large wheels, stylish design, and practical front basket, making it perfect for those seeking a classic look.
- Affordability: Priced at just $699 on Amazon, the Lark offers excellent value for money compared to similar models from high-end brands, making it accessible to a wider range of riders.
- Ease of Assembly: The bike arrives 90% pre-assembled, requiring only a few simple steps to get it road-ready. Its aluminum alloy frame keeps the weight manageable at 54 lbs, ensuring ease of handling, especially for women.
- Comfortable Riding: The Lark provides a comfortable upright riding position, thanks to its large, cushioned seat with suspension. The 26″ x 1.95″ cruising tires offer a smooth and relaxed city cruising experience.
- Quality Components: Ecotric maintains its commitment to quality by including features like Shimano 7-speed derailleurs, a front basket for groceries, and optional fenders for both practicality and aesthetics.
- Braking Sensation: While the mechanical disc brakes on the Lark are effective, some riders may experience minor jerks during braking. Hydraulic brakes provide a smoother braking experience but are generally found on more expensive models.
The Ecotric Lark, a vintage-style electric bike designed specifically for women, offers an enticing blend of classic aesthetics, modern functionality, and affordability. Ecotric is known for delivering reliable electric bikes at budget-friendly prices, and the Lark is no exception.
The Lark is powered by a 500W brushless hub motor, capable of reaching a top speed of 20 mph, which is suitable for city cruising and daily errands. The bike is equipped with a 36V 10Ah Lithium Ion battery, offering a range of up to 25 miles in electric-only mode. In case the battery runs out, the Lark can be used as a classic pedal-only bike.
In conclusion, the Ecotric Lark is a charming and practical choice for women seeking an affordable vintage-style electric bike. Its combination of classic design, ease of use, and budget-friendly pricing makes it an attractive option for city riders and commuters. While the braking sensation may not be as smooth as hydraulic brakes, the Lark delivers a comfortable and enjoyable riding experience with a focus on quality components and reliability. If you’re looking for a stylish yet practical electric bike, the Lark is worth considering.