When searching for the perfect gift for your kid you are looking for affordable, sturdy and quality hoverboards in compliance with UL2272 certificate. We decided to do this quest for you and finally gave a test to the Swagtron T8 hoverboard since we know it is marketed as the best choice for kids and saw that it ranked high among younger riders. After running this idea we are delivering to you this review. You can read our reviews on Swagtron T6, Swagtron T580, Swagtron T1 and Swagtron T5 as well.
Swagtron T8 Characteristics And Features
It’s no surprise that the Swagtron T8 hoverboard was on the “must-have” list of countless hoverboard enthusiasts heading into 2018. why? Well, first of all this hoverboard represents a whole new level in Swagtron hoverboards because this is first LITHIUM-FREE Swagtron hoverboard meaning it uses lithium-free batteries bringing safety on a higher level and together with SentryShield protection it meets all UL2272 requirements regarding safety and fire issues.
Also, Swagtron T8 uses 200W dual motorized wheels for better performance and stability. However, this features spends batteries on much faster pace so you will have about 45 minutes of continuous ride before batteries recharged. Sturdy and durable design of Swagtron T8 is revolutionized through central one-point connection enabling two halves to act separately giving the T8 faster change of direction and 0 degrees turning radius.
With its bold and sleek features, the Swagtron T8 hoverboard is hovering at the top of the hoverboard rankings in price, durability, safety, speed, and ease of mastery. Ideal for commutes to the office, running errands or to school. In addition to the crazy fun in riding the Swagtron T8 hover board, riders are boasting of improved balance and a tight core.
Swagtron T8 has 6″ tires mounted on rectangular frame with steel casing giving T8 extra durability and 200W dual motorized wheels are strong enough to conquer inclines of up to 30 degrees.
But, if you are crazy about fast and adventurous ride, maybe you will find Swagtron T8 as pretty slow because the maximum speed of Swagtron T8 is “just” 7 mph (have in mind that 7 mph on hoverboards, especially for beginners, looks like crazy fast). Below you can find our pros & cons…
Swagtron T8 Pros And Cons
Here’s a list of the awesome swag appeal of the Swagtron T8, for kids and kids at heart. While there are pros and cons with every product, I must say the Swagtron T8 hover board has just two potentialcons. I’ve also listed those below.
- The Swagtron T8 is UL Certified, environment-friendly with lithium-free batteries, has a slip-resistant rubber platform and steel casing.
- It is semi-waterproof, up to IPX4 standard—it can handle slight splashes.
- Modern and apealing design with improved safety features and at the same time easy to master.
- It is semi-waterproof, up to IPX4 standard—it can handle slight splashes, but not a full-on downpour. (you will see that this is also on pros side)
- Only capable to lift persons up to 200 lbs but this may not be important because Swagtron T8 is intended primarily for kids.
- Charging time of batteries 5,5 hours – this is definitely a problem because you can ride it on maximum speed for just 5,8 miles.
Main Features Of Swagtron T8
- UL2272 Certified
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Maximum User Weight: 200 pounds
- Tires: 6” Hard Rubber Tires w/Aluminum wheel covers
- Batteries: Lithium-Free Batteries
- Design: Rectangular Design With Steel Casing & Slip-Resistant Rubber Platform
- Maximum Speed: 7 mph (not too fast, but fast enough to stay safe.)
- Charging Time: 5.5 Hours
- Distance Per Charge: 5.8 Miles
- Water-resistant: Up to IPX4 standard (Can handle slight water splashes well)
- Durable Steel Construction
- 1-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty