One of the main issues about hoverboards or two-wheel self-balancing scooters is safety and potential fire hazard. You can find tones of articles covering stories about fires and explosions on hoverboards across the World. And it is really happening, maybe not so often as those articles implying but it happens. And if you remember, same articles about fire and explosion risks where pretty often few years ago when they wrote about battery risks at smartphones like in this article or this one. So, hoverboards are potential fire hazard due to possibility of low quality batteries installed in them.
How to fight against possible fire and explosion of the hoverboard and why this is happening? You must know that there is great number of factories, not only in China, that are producing Li-ion batteries used for hoverboards, smartphones and other devices. Li-ion batteries are packed with an incredible amount of energy, and are slightly more volatile than disposable alkaline batteries. In order to compete on the market some of the producers are producing low quality Li-ion batteries which can easily explode or combust due to lack of production standards and cheap material flaws. So, you need to buy quality and certified batteries and battery chargers for your hoverboard in order to avoid explained risks.
Top 5 Best Available Certified Chargers for Hoverboards
1. EvaPlus 42V Hoverboard Charger , UL, FCC, CE, RoHS approved – This charger is suitable for hoverboards, scooters, drifting boards etc. which has the same charger interface and voltage. Input voltage range is 100-240V and output is 42V, 2.0A. Also, it comes with LED charging indicator for more convenient use and short circuit and overload and overvoltage protection.
2. Tomoloo Charger for Hoverboard/Two-Wheels Self-Balancing Scooters – This Li-ion battery charger and has input voltage range 100-240V, ~50/60 Hz, 2A(max) and output 42V/1.5A. It is UL / FCC / CE / RoHS approved. Charger has LED battery charger indicator: RED – charging in progress and GREEN – charge full/disconnect. The producer of this charger provides 1 year warranty and 24/7 e-mail support.
3. Wyness Hoverboard Charger, (42V 2000mA 2A Adapter) – This charger has four protection features: 1. Short circuit protection; 2. Battery polarity error protection; 3. Over current protection; 4. Over voltage protection.
4. JucuweAC Adapter Charger 42V, 2A, 3PINS – This is universal charger for hoverboards and it has several protections like Short circuit protection,Over voltage protection ,Over current protection, Overcharge protection. When LED indicator lights green it means the battery is fully charged. Be aware that this charger is not suitable for Razor Electric Scooters and do not try to use it with this brand.
5. EVAPLUS UL 42V 2A Power Charger – This charger has PowerFast 3-Prong Inline Connetor and power adapter for Pocket Mod, Dirt Quad, and Sports Mod. Built-in short circuit protection, battery polarity error protection, over current protection and over voltage protection are for more safety. Green LED indicator will tell you when batteries are fully charged. It suites most 42V versions hoverboards and scooters.